Saturday, May 24, 2014

Keep Making Me

My new favorite song. Keep Making Me, by Sidewalk Prophets, is an amazing prayer of humility. So often in life we want the cush, the glamour, and the ease. But, really friends, we know this is not the path to true Godliness. Suffering is the means to being more like Christ. 

"Make me broken, so I can be healed

(Repentance is a true sign of brokenness)

'Cause I'm so calloused, and now I can't feel
I want to run to You with heart wide open
Make me broken."

(This I ask of God to become a prayer from my boys' heart.)

Make me empty, so I can be filled
'Cause I'm still holding onto my will

(Empty? Really? These are the petitions that the world does not understand.)


And I'm completed when you are with me
Make me empty.

'Til You are my one desire; 'til You are my one true love

(He must be first in everything. Oh, Lord, please remove the idols in my life.)

'Til You are my breath, my everything
Lord, please keep making me.

Make me lonely, so I can be Yours.

(Loneliness is where we find our desperate need for Christ.)

'Til I want no one more than You, Lord.
'Cause in the darkness, I know You will hold me.
Make me lonely.

No comments: