Friday, May 23, 2014

Suffering is Beautiful

There is nothing more beautiful than seeing a fellow believer suffer well. I don't mean to say I enjoy watching others hurt or be in pain. But God's glory is so magnificently displayed in those who suffer with joy.

Joni Eareckson Tada is one of my heroines of the faith. At 17 years old she had a diving accident and broke her neck. Now 40+ years later she is still wheelchair bound. She has fought through cancer and severe pain as she suffers as a quadriplegic. She has been used by God is so many ways that would have never happened if she was not willing to suffer. This beautiful woman of God said this about her suffering: "God has chosen not to heal me, but to hold me. The more intense the pain, the closer His embrace." 

If and when the times comes, I pray I may suffer well.




For more infomation on Joni, please visit her site. She has written numerous books, like this one. 

No comments: