Thursday, May 22, 2014

Truth vs. Lies

Lie: "I can't keep doing this thing called "Mothering"!

Truth: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Children are blessing not a burden."

Lie: "I want to quit. I failed (again) as spiteful words came out of my mouth."

Truth: "My grace is sufficient for your. My power is made perfect in your weakness."

Lie: "How can God forgive me for ____________, for the upteenth millionth time?"

Truth: "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Lie: "This little white lie won't really matter."

Truth: "There are six things the Lord hates, no seven, that are an abomination; haughty eyes, a lying tongue...."

Today, if you are struggling with your thoughts lining up with God's Word, you are not alone. Our minds are full of deceit so often and we must put off those lies and put on the truth of God's Word. The key to this is being in the Word of God. Putting it before our eyes and mind's eye. Dwelling on and meditating on the very words of our Creator.

So when you are tempted to think contrary to this, be proactive. Write down a few verses and put them on your mirror, in your car or at the sink. 

Think on truth today!


No comments: