Wednesday, June 20, 2012

He Will Carry You


Luke 15: 4-7 "What man of you having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one which is lost, until he finds it? And when he has found it he lays it on his shoulders rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, 'Rejoice with me, I have found my sheep which was lost.'"



My friends, how often when we feel lost and have taken a few steps backward into a miry mess in our spiritual lives, do we think we have to go and find the Master Shepherd? Our Good Shepherd does not want us to repent in our own self-righteous way; nor, does he expect us to find our way back to Him. He gently finds us and carries us back to the fold.


We bleat and fight along the way, so many times, lost in our waywardness and unbelief. Then, we hear the Shepherd's voice. Our hearts should still. We feel His footsteps and should eagerly wait for Him. For, you see, He will carry us back. He will guide us.


My lost lamb is wandering, alone and afraid. I know the joy of the Shepherd, first hand, and I so want him to experience this too. So I knock again on the gate to the fold shouting, "My Good Shepherd, hear my cry. My little lamb is lost. Please search him out and find him." 


He reassures me, " In my timing daughter. I have all these things in my hand."


I will trust.



No comments: