Thursday, March 1, 2012

He is Working....In Me!

God speaks. I am certain of it. Though it most often is not in an audible voice, he speaks in so many other ways, namely His Word. Yet, at times he uses others to say what we need to hear.

This week I have been fighting anxiety over my boys and where he is. His year date is coming up. The Lord provided in amazing ways for the ability for him to be there this last year, but those funds end soon. He wants to stay; we want him to stay. We are seeking God's direction and provision. So, I fight the feelings of "what if".
I fight the thoughts of "if not".

Today, I opened one of my devotional books and read, "When something in your life or thoughts makes you anxious, come talk to me about it." (Jesus Calling, pg. 64)

That's the key. I need to bring my supplications to the Savior in Thanksgiving and talk to Him, not mull over them or fret. This mind battle is so hard. It is a fight. 

I am also going through Stormie Omartian's book, The Power of a Praying Wife. Today's prayer????

"Lord, I commit our finances to You. Be in charge of them and use them for Your purposes.......I pray that my husband will not be anxious about finances, but will seek Your kingdom first, knowing that as he does, we will have all we need." (pg.57-58)

These are my fighting words today.

Psalm 37:25 "I have been young and now I'm old; yet, I have not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his descendants begging bread."

Philippians 4:19 "My God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory, by Christ Jesus."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am lifting this need up for you! Trusting that God will provide the right path for all of you while you won't lean on your understanding. Love you!
~kelli

Anonymous said...

Praying and trusting - all things WILL work together for good.
Love you, Patty

Intentional Living Homestead said...

Praying dear friend. I know God will supply all your needs.

Praying for your boy as well.

Hugs,
Connie