Monday, February 27, 2012

Just a Touch of His Ministering Spirit

I don't know if I have ever experienced the intensity of people's prayers like I did last night and today. God knows how much I can take. After a tough end to the week, I put on my smiling face to meet with brothers and sisters. GOD MET ME!


A sweet friend let me know, 
"Last night (Saturday) your boy was really on my heart. I don't know why but I lifted him before the Lord." 
Thank You, Jesus.


We came home from church and made our phone call to our son that we are able to do every other week. He sounded down. My voice broke at the end of the conversation. I try not to cry with him listening. I couldn't help it, yesterday. We hung up. I broke. My heart actually felt broken in two pieces. My chest hurt. My love held me. I got up to love on my other treasures. As I checked email I found this:
"I just want you to know that I am praying for your whole family today." 
Thank you Jesus!


The rest of the night ended well. Sleep was fitful. I rose early to seek my Savior for strength and help. Another of my sweet friends posted this on my wall:
"Verses from this morning's reading... Psalm 123:1-3 NKJV  Unto You I lift up my eyes, Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their masters, As the eyes of a maid to the hand of her mistress, So our eyes look to the Lord our God, Until He has mercy on us. Have mercy on us, O Lord, have mercy on us! Hope you are encouraged. Love you and am praying for you today." Thank You, Jesus!

School went great. Spelling arrives as well as a call and email from my sister.
"Hey, sis- I meant to tell you last night I had an overwhelming urge to pray for you while I was cleaning up the kitchen.  Of, course, I have "Hoss'" picture on my window sill, but I felt such sorrow while I prayed. I almost felt what you were feeling. I love you and am so thankful we have the Lord to carry us through such times as these. If I was there, I'd give you a big hug. Love you." 
Thank You, Jesus. 

So needless to say, I have cried many more tears. This time out of thankfulness to God. I wonder what He is doing. I also wonder what the enemy has wished to destroy. I know the power of God is incredible. There must have been some spiritual battles waging of which I do not know.

I raise my hands in praise.

(Those of my sweet bloggy friends who have left messages, I thank you as well.)

2 comments:

Intentional Living Homestead said...

Isn't that what the "church" is for.....we ALL need each other.

Still praying!!!

Anonymous said...

SIS - LOVE THIS!!! You made me cry. We are HIS hands, feet, eyes, ears and arms wrapped around you. I'm so thankful to the Lord for "His body" listening to the Holy Spirit. Praising Him with you today. Love you - Jen