Sunday, July 10, 2011

Revive Us, O Lord!

Today, I stood in front of our church to sing as part of a ladies' ensemble. I had been asked a month or so ago to worship along side my sisters at our church. Two weeks ago I was given the song.

It was the same song my sister, dad and I sang as we circled mom's bed after she had gone to be with the Lord. The tears streamed down that day. I looked over my sister's shoulder to the tent that my mom had housed for 63 years. Many years of service to the Lord. Many years of loving a family through the thick and thin of life. Many years of laughter and fun.

So, as I sang today, I thought back to the beauty of a life in Christ. I was happy remembering. I thought it would be difficult. But what came to my mind was thankfulness.

For growth in Christ. For peace. For the many memories. For my Refuge and Strength that sustains in time and trial.

And as I sang about the revival that only the Lord can bring to a child of God, my heart was full of gratitude to my Lord.


We praise Thee, O God!
For the Son of Thy love,
For Jesus Who died,
And is now gone above.

Refrain:
Hallelujah! Thine the glory.
Hallelujah! Amen.
Hallelujah! Thine the glory.
Revive us again.

We praise Thee, O God!
For Thy Spirit of light,
Who hath shown us our Savior,
And scattered our night.

All glory and praise
To the Lamb that was slain,
Who hath borne all our sins,
And hath cleansed every stain.

All glory and praise
To the God of all grace,
Who hast brought us, and sought us,
And guided our ways.

Revive us again;
Fill each heart with Thy love;
May each soul be rekindled
With fire from above.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sis, Tears welled up as I read this your post today. Amazingly enough, Mom was on my mind today while in church as well. I LOVE that you sang that song and how it brought thankfulness to your heart and not sadness. It is getting easier but I still miss her so. She would be so proud of you and she would be contining to encourage you in this your journey with your oldest. Love you. Jen