Saturday, July 2, 2011

From Life to Life

We received a letter from our oldest today. Less anger, more hurt. This is easier to take. He asks the question, "Why am I sitting here and people all around me dying?"

Our dear friend, Tim Borland, went home to be with Christ this last week. Tim was one of God's gifts to this world. His passion for the Gospel exuded from his soul.

So, I answer my dear son.

"I don't know. Yet, I do know.

Sin. We live in a fallen world full of sin, self, disease and death. Sin, the most deadly disease of all. The bad news. There can't be good news without the bad.

Aside from God's Word, there is fear of all of these. What I am confident in, is this. Christ died and was buried and rose again 3 days later. He conquered sin and death. He is the good news. Death is a sure thing. Eternity is as well. The question is where will you spend it?

It seems so unfair at times. But, what is the most unfair thing, is Christ dying in our place to redeem us from our sin and the grave.

So, yes, it hurts to lose those we love. But, we have hope. Turn your heart and mind to Christ. He is the answer.

I love you and miss you. I hurt with you."

6 comments:

Joy said...

The prayers are working!

Hoss,

I am praying for you. You are worthy of prayer, and God is worthy of the praise that can come from your pain. He can make this mess beautiful if you allow Him to work on you!

I will continue to pray!

Joy

Intentional Living Homestead said...

Praying for all of you.

Connie

BARBIE said...

Praying for your family my sweet sister.

Anonymous said...

Very well said, Sarah! Praying for all of you.

Love,
Jane

Anonymous said...

Your faith and your love for our Lord radiates from you. Your faith and your love for your son radiants too. Love you Sarah.
Patty

A Joyful Chaos said...

Praying.

Blessings to all of you!