Thursday, June 2, 2011

Book Review

I just finished reading my second children's book to review.

Bill Myers has written many books in his career as author. Personally we have enjoyed McGee and Me the most. Recently, his book, TJ and the Time Stumblers, made it into my hands. The idea of children who are time travelers would excite most 8-9 year olds, especially boys. Most of the way, Myers does a great job of keeping the attention of the readers, yet at times it seems a little difficult to follow.

TJ and the Time Stumblers presents real life situations in a un-real way, in a word, safe. Their friendship is tested. There are high emotions at times. Conflict arises. Herby and Tuna must deal with difficulty along the way. This is real life.

Yet, as a mom who home schools and desires her children to have a Biblical World view as well be challenged, this book lacks depth. I would rather my children read about people who have lived and existed, with real life issues. Fun reading? Yes. But nothing more than that.

Maybe I just lack the ability to enjoy this type of book.

I was given a free copy of this book as a Blog Reviewer for Tyndale.

I Review For The Tyndale Blog Network

No comments: