Saturday, July 3, 2010

Great Grandpa Rootbeer


Let me introduce you to a very special man. Rupert Martin Stebbins, Sr., hence the name, Great Grandpa Rootbeer..for all I ever remember him drinking was root beer pop.

My grandfather is one of those grandpas who has etched so many wonderful memories in my heart and mind. He is still alive and now, my own children, have their memories...

~ that squeaky kiss, the noise enters your ears and travels all the way to your toes.

~ real maple syrup being given to us on a tablespoon, just like candy.

~ wonderful stories of his air force days, stories from yester-year, stories from a day when life was much different- harder but better.

~ Although my precious young ones are adopted, they have never questioned whether Great Grandpa Rupert was their own. He embraced them just like all the other grandchildren. This has meant so much to me.

~ Climbing up in that beautiful orange tree and savoring those delicious oranges..yum.


Grandpa, You have given me such great memories of family time. You are loved by so many who are honored to call you family. Although you find yourself under the weather, always know that there are so many who are praying for you.

I wish all mankind had a grandfather like you.

I miss you and love you.


1 comment:

Sarah said...

What a beautiful tribute!

Delighted to meet you. Hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit. This looks like a refreshing place to slip off my shoes and soak in thankfulness alongside you.

Splashing,
Sara