Sunday, April 25, 2010

Hoss' eulogy of Mom

Last Thursday, I received a letter from "Hoss" that he wanted read at Mom's memorial. Those of you who have followed my blog know "Hoss" is not home right now. He is at Agape Boys' Ranch. God has done and continues to do a miraculous work is his life. Here is his eulogy he sent:

"Dear Family and Friends,
Many of you may not know me. My name is "Hoss". I am one of eleven grandchildren in our family. You may wonder why I am writing. Well, out of eleven grandchildren I was the rebel. Right now I am in a boarding school in Missouri. I found out my grandmother was dying around 3 weeks ago when my dad called the school from his job in Florida. He told me I should pray for her because she wasn't doing well and she was not expected to live very much longer. I prayed for her every morning before I got out of my bunk and before I went to sleep every night. Two weeks ago today she called me and talked with me for around seven or eight minutes and told me that this would be the last time I will talk with her until I get to heaven.

Saturday, the 17th, my dad talked with me and told me she would not live through the week. The morning she died I prayed to the dear Lord that I could see her and talk with her one more time. After I got done praying, one of the staff at my school handed me a letter she had sent me. After I read that letter, I knew that God had answered my prayer. I got the call later that day that she had passed away into heaven early that morning. Friends, my grandmother loved everyone. It didn't matter what color or race you were; she loved you anyway. I know she loved me because she helped me get sent to this school. She really lived the life of Luke 6:36, "Be ye therefore merciful as your Father in heaven is also merciful."

I know that when someone dies we are to cry and all that, but my grandmother told me not to cry, but to rejoice! For she knew where she would be. She was wanting to get off this wicked earth as soon as she could, and she did in the early morning of April, 21, 2010. My grandmother saw Jesus and I know that right now she is singing and rejoicing.

She will go through no more pain. She will never cry unless it is for joy. I think my grandma is very happy with her new home and one day, one day you and I will see her if you are saved. As I end, I know she would want me to ask you all a question.
' Where are you going? Hell? or are you coming to see me in heaven?'

No comments: