Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Passion Week

Are you a Judas or a wise woman?

We were challenged with this question on Sunday as we worshipped the Lord together in church.

We were reminded of all the people that Christ blessed and touched during the week before His death. As you read the synoptic Gospels, it is incredible all those who came across Jesus' path. AND He did not turn anyone away.

It is an amazing thing when you consider the selfless example that our Savior portrayed, not just in His death, but during that last week of His life. He looked to His Father for strength to endure the wrath to come, but He was so busy that last week loving those around Him.

Those that joined Him in His life that week, were from all places and stature. From Judas, who betrayed Him, to a wise woman (Mary), to His close friend, Lazarus, to His disciples who deserted Him near the end, all these and many more were instrumental in bringing his love gift to pass.

I am thankful for this love gift. He took His Father's wrath for MY sin. He showed love that is above all love. He died and was forsaken by God the Father because He loved me.

Thank you, Jesus.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

What a beautiful post, and a profound question. Thank you for that. Yes, this is the MOST amazing time of year, when the MOST amazing thing ever took place.

Feeling the weight of Lent, and looking forward to the Promise!

Stacey

Angela said...

I love the name of your blog. I appreciate what you shared in the Walk With Him Wednesday too. I never thought about the week leading to Jesus' death in the manner that you shared.

Thanks for sharing

Liberty said...

Fround your thoughtful post from A holy experience...THis Lent has been such a weight - I am eagerly awaiting the Promise of Good Friday and Easter Morning. Blessings!

Angela said...

Hey, I remember YOU know. I loved this article. I would have thanked you for commenting on my own site, but I couldn't figure out how to do it...long story.

So glad you enjoyed my post. I enjoyed yours too.

Thanks for the comment.