Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Man Named Jesse

Friday night, my family was headed to our weekly Good News Club in an Apartment Complex in our area. Each Friday night, our children our spiritually fed as we reach out to the parents of some children that attend.

"Mr. Cartwright" was in a spiritual fog and depression. We both seesaw this experience ever since our
treasure lost his way.

Through many tears, we make it to the van to drive to our destination. We arrive and try to "put on a smile" and act like all is well. All was not well just a few minutes ago, but when you are in that kind of frame of mind, you must make yourself do the things that you don't want to do.

Waiting for the club to start, and the parents to arrive, I look outside and realize one of the dads has come and is in conversation with my husband. A few more seconds go by and I notice another man out there talking to them. I don't recognize him. I trust my husband and if I know him well enough now, he is probably sharing the Gospel.

The night flew by and eventually "Mr. Cartwright" met one on one with the dad. But something had changed in his demeanor.

After the time of ministry came to an end, my love said, "I don't know who that was, but he was sent from God."

So, he relayed to me what had happened.

As the dad and my husband were talking, this man named, Jesse, walked over. He introduced himself and starting talking about the Lord. He then proceeded to encourage the men to "choose" joy; that it is not a feeling, but an act of choice. He also encouraged them as dads to show much grace to their children. He likened the father's role to THE Father's role. Our children don't need rules as much as they need grace and mercy.

He then proceeded to say, "I don't really know why I came over here to talk to you, who I don't even know. I normally don't do this kind of thing."

My love knows exactly why he did it. He believes God interceded the path he was going down of depression and self-pity and proceeded to show much mercy by bringing a man named Jesse into his life that night.

Jesse said he lives in Apt. so and so #, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was no one by that name who lives there.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Wow! I had goosebumps reading your post. God is so amazing! Thank you for sharing that. Blessings to you and your love, and your treasure, and all your other little pearls!

Stacey <><

Clay in His Hands said...

Hebrews 13:2, sis. LOVE IT. Love HIM.

Love YOU.

Anonymous said...

Sarah - AWESOME! I love it when God moves in mysterious ways. God is good all the time. Love you.
Jen

Tina said...

hello,

I've come across your blog through "Holy Experience". My heart is heavy for the time you are going through for I am in a similar place. My oldest is a prodigal. I know too well the place in the road when we must "choose" joy. What a wonderful testimony you've shared. Yes when through our weariness we can't even make a choice for ourselves our wonderful Father intercedes for us by sending a saint, an angel? Oh He is good all of the time!

In His perfect Love,
Tina