Monday, December 7, 2009

Day Seven ~ Joseph's Coat of many Colors

Tonight on our Jesse Tree we are focusing on Joseph's story. This is one of my favorite Bible Stories and one where God's sovereignty shines. I think of what Joseph went through. His own brothers sold him into slavery, but most of them really wanted to kill him. Now knowing the end of the story, gives me great hope when I feel like questioning what God is doing through a certain situation. Trust, faith, hope, reliance on my maker: these things we cannot live without. Joseph did not question God. He trusted in his Yahweh. May we do this too.

What man meant for evil, God meant for good.

We have all experienced the truth of that at one time or another.

Psalm 103:1-5
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name.
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget none of His benefits;
Who pardons all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
Who redeems your life from the pit,
Who crowns you with loving kindness and compassion,
Who satisfies your years with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagles.

No comments: