Saturday, October 10, 2009

Everything's Free!



Do you want to know the quickest way to get rid of your garage sale items? I've never finished a garage sale by 9:30 in the morning, but today was the day for firsts.

The Puebla Ponderosa had a garage sale today. Normally, there are people that come out in the early morning dusk with flashlights. Today, no one came early. I was very disappointed and frustrated. After all, there is so much work to putting together and garage sale. Around 8:00 a.m., my darling husband made the decision that the Lord wanted us to have a FREE sale. My initial reaction was one of, "Are you serious?" "We have to a least make a little money to cover the add in the paper!!" After I calmed down, "Mr. Cartwright" said he was going to get his tracts in Spanish and English out and use this FREE sale as a means of evangelism. This he did. Most people had an astonished reaction to his offer. "We have never seen anyone do this before!" There were people that opened up and shared their hurts. There were people who listened. I know the Lord used this day to touch people as well as to start to heal a hurt in "Mr. Cartwright" that he has been fighting since "Hoss" had to leave. (See September previous posts) But I know the Lord used this in my life too. I am a very task oriented person and easily lose my focus to reach out in the midst of my tasks.

No comments: