Thursday, June 16, 2016

In the Light of Our World: HAVE NO FEAR!

My hubby and I have just started reading Isaiah together in the mornings. To be honest, I was not sure I was looking forward to it. The longest prophetic book! Would I really be able to understand it? Let's just say, "I was humbled," to say the least!

In light of all the bad news in the last week, my heart can quickly turn to fear. A fear that cripples. A fear that invades the mind so much, I find it hard to dig my way out of those thoughts. Terrorism striking WAY too close to home! Animals going crazy! Murders! I can't even get on the internet or look at news sometimes. I know our hope is in Christ, but the evils of the world seem to scream louder sometimes.

As I opened the Scriptures today, Isaiah did have some powerful things to say. (Actually God did.)

Isaiah 2:18-22 (NLT)
"Idols will completely disappear.
When the Lord rises to shake the earth,
his enemies will crawl into holes in the ground.
They will hide in caves in the rocks
from the terror of the Lord
and his majesty.
On that day of judgment,
they will abandon the gold and silver idols
they made for themselves to worship.
They will leave their gods to rodents and bats,
while they crawl away into caverns
and hide among the jagged rocks in the cliffs.
They will try to escape the terror of the Lord
and the glory of his majesty
as he rises to shake the earth.
DON'T PUT YOUR TRUST IN MERE HUMANS.
THEY ARE AS FRAIL AS BREATH.
WHAT GOOD ARE THEY?"

Isaiah is prophesying future victory by our Lord! He is reminding the Israelites back then and us today, that the things we make and value and even look to for help (dare, I say, idols????) that are apart from our Maker will be destroyed as well.

Our God is coming back for his children and He wins, people! He wins! We need not fear what man can do to us on this earth! This brought me joy today and peace. Peace in a world of turbulence. Peace in a culture of fighting and forsaking.

It reminds me of a song I used to sing to my children when they were young. "My God is so big; so strong and so mighty; there's nothing my God cannot do."

FOR YOU!

No comments: