Thursday, July 17, 2014

CouponMania

While visiting my sister up in Tennessee, she got me hooked.

My PointsSaving StarCheckOut 51, and Coupons.com not to mention True Couponing has become a part of my everyday to do list.

Coupons!

That's what I'm talking about.

I don't know about you but grocery shopping has become so depressing. Here on the Ponderosa we try to eat as healthy as possible, but I have had to strike a balance in order to balance our budget. Since I home school my kiddos and don't have the opportunity to go and make money to help out, I thought the best way to do this is to save money.

I mean, I was able to save $35.00 on a $70.00 order at Winn Dixie, only purchasing what was cheaper to buy there then to do price comparison at Walmart. I also am going to save .38 cents on my next gas fill up. Yes, this takes more time, but I believe it is well worth it.

Food is getting more and more expensive. So instead of rationalizing buying my milk at Walmart since I'm there already, I make time to go one block west to Aldi, where I find it for $1.00 cheaper.

So, for now, this is my contribution to our budget. And I am thankful, I am able to be wise in my spending.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's exactly the way I feel. So glad we had that time together. It was long overdue. :)

Unknown said...

I am always price matching when I can and couponing! I will have to check out some of the sites you mentioned. I have coupons.com. I would like to find a coupon exchange group. I know they exist.