Monday, June 24, 2013

Amazing Mercy!

My heart, at times, seems so far from wanting the refreshment that God graciously desires to give me. I struggle to hunger and thirst for the Bread of Life and Living Water. The air is parched, yet I look to stale, putrid liquid that will never satisfy.


Am I deep in some immoral sin? No. Am I seeking worldliness? No. From all outside sources, people could look at my life and be encouraged. Yet, my heart is so prone to wander. (Facebook, internet, social networking; insert pretty much anything that takes up my time and effort and leaves me feeling empty) I feel in the mundane and drinking mud. I know that my Savior's mercy extends far beyond anything I can hope or dream.

I look at the life of the Israelites in the Old Testament and bow my head at how God forgives and woos and forgives and woos. They sin. They grumble. They complain. They FORGET God.

I sin. I grumble. I complain. I FORGET God.

O Living Water, quench this thirst. Better yet, bring the thirst on. Help me to be so thirsty that I can't get enough of your Word and Truth. Help me to live in light of Your return and love this world around me. Help me to have a heavenly and eternal perspective that far outweighs my earthly frustrations.

John 6:32-35

32 Jesus then said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, it was not Moses who gave you the bread from heaven, but my Father gives you the true bread from heaven. 33 For the bread of God is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.” 34 They said to him, “Sir, give us this bread always.”
35 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.


1 comment:

BARBIE said...

I hear you friend, loud and clear!