Thursday, November 1, 2012

Our Great High Priest

I can't do this life thing alone. Yes, I sure am thankful for "Mr. Cartwright", but that's not who I'm talking about. Things are shoved in our paths of life. Things we would rather not have thrown at us. But the older I get, the more I get it and at times can actually thank the Lord for it. It's not as if Jesus is up there hurling these circumstances my way thoughtlessly. He intends for these things to be used to produce in me good works that would glorify Him and point others to Himself.

Hebrews 7:25 reminds me of His great sacrifice and love. He doesn't leave us all alone. "Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always live to make intercession for them."

Jesus saves us and then walks with us as we draw near to the Father. He prays for us too. What an amazing truth. If you are His child, He is with you. Nudging and wooing you closer to His Father.

So as I contemplate each day and way too often wish and desire for things to be different in certain areas, I surrender my will. I know that Christ is my all. I know that His love is greater than any other love on this earth. I know that He is working all things together for my good and His glory. I know He is with me. Always. 

He is with you too. Rest in this thought today, friends. It may seem unbearable at times, all this life stuff; but, our Jesus is praying for us. 

No comments: