Saturday, November 19, 2011

Roses are Red....When They are Pruned

My rose bushes seemed to have stopped growing and producing beautiful roses. They are still green but just stagnant. No new growth and the leaves are slowly getting spots. Just not looking too healthy.

Like us, sometimes.


We are still breathing and alive, yet stagnant in any growth.

I grabbed my pruners and chopped away...1, 2, 3.

So does HE.


The gracious, wise Gardener takes His shears and cuts. He knows when we are looking puny. Sure, our roots are still alive, but we sure aren't bearing much fruit, so He cuts. And trims. And sends trials our way that take away the dying leaves and allows for much needed growth. Growth that would NOT come were it not for the pruning.

I looked at my three rather, sorry-looking bushes today. There's hope. There's new leaves. They're beautiful and green.

I'm becoming more thankful for the Master Gardener. He knows what's best.


Trust, soul, trust.

John 15:1,2 (ESV)
"I am the True Vine and my Father is the Vinedresser. Every brand in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every brand that does bear fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit."


No comments: