Friday, November 11, 2011

Book Review - Invasion

I'm always looking for good books for my children.

That was my focus on reading and reviewing Invasion by Jon S. Lewis. It is difficult to find books, especially for boys, that will be adventurous, but not full of language, vampires, or anything that would hinder their spiritual walk.

Invasion could be labeled as a sci-fi book. There was lots of adventure and fast paced movement. The story line follows a young man who is part of a family of CHAOS special agents. Little does he know when his father drops him off for "college days" at the local agency, his life is changed forever.

Jon Lewis does a great job at drawing the reader into the story and once you get sucked in, it is very difficult to retreat. This is not a book I would normally pick out to read for myself, but I am very happy with a good book, that I can trust to put into the hands of my sons.

The only drawback I see is the introduction of aliens. There is so much focus in the world today on life on other planets. People are sucked into this falsehood and it can take away from the story of Beginnings in the Bible. But as long as you and your children are aware of true Biblical life, this shouldn't be a problem.

As part of the Thomas Nelson Blogging Network, I received a complementary copy of this book.

I review for BookSneeze®

No comments: