Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Spiritual Realm

I woke up yesterday. The clock looked back at me. 4:50 a.m. The sounds of clanging in the kitchen were heard as my hubby prepared for his day. 


I knew the alarm of my love's touch was supposed to awaken me at 5:30, so I tried to keep my eyes closed. I immediately started praying for certain situations in my life and those around me. I ventured somewhere between the conscious and subconscious. I continued praying and am not sure whether I was dreaming or awake when I became aware of a spiritual battle that encompassed me. 


I found myself in a room praying with others. As I prayed I saw a woman coming around the corner of the doorway. I couldn't see all of her, only her hand was outstretched as if to say, "Nice to meet you." I went to place my hand in hers and found myself looking into the eyes of a witch. A grotesque, wrinkled hand with long nails took my hand in hers. She told me she wanted the soul of the one in which I was praying. 


I immediately awoke, or at least opened my eyes. You must know, I am very leary of claiming to see visions and dream dreams. I don't believe God speaks this way much anymore. I think the Western Church has taken horrible liberties to push their own agenda in these matters, mostly for wealthy gain. But I do believe there is a spiritual battle ensuing around us. This could have been just a dream I had. To remind me of this battle. Whatever it was I was stirred. And shaken.


I do believe evil exists. 


But I do believe God is stronger than any evil.


I awoke and went to my knees for the remainder of my quiet time and  prayed. For all those in my life who find themselves in the middle of spiritual darkness. For those who may be involved in evil.


Ephesians 6:1-13 reminds us: 
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the ruler, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Please stand in prayer with our family. We are fighting deep battles right now. We are fighting with the Most High Warrior. And we know He is the Victor!


Praise to His name.

2 comments:

Lisa notes... said...

What a scary dream. I'm not one to believe much in visions and such, but I don't rule them out either. Whether this was one or not, you used it for godly purposes and honored the Father by engaging in prayer. That's what's important.

I'm encouraged by your continued faithfulness to pray for your family and those who need it (well, that's everybody!).

I join you in praying today for your family. I know full restoration is your goal; I pray the Lord works it out.

Myra said...

Praying for you and asking the Lord to fill your heart up with hope in His great power, and peace that will engulf every feeling of unrest and deep concern and potential fear. I'm so glad that you are hoping in the only one who is worthy of our trust: Jesus Christ.

Your post reminded me of the lyrics to Stronger by Hillsong:

"There is love that came for us
Humbled to a sinner's cross
you broke my shame and sinfuless you rose again victorious

Faithfulness none can deny
through the storm
and through the fire
there is truth that sets me free Jesus Christ who lives in me

Chorus
You are stronger you are stronger
Sin is broken you have saved me
it is written Christ is risen
Jesus you are Lord of all

No beginning and no end
You're my hope and my defense
you came to seek and save the lost you paid it all upon the cross

So let your name be lifted higher
Be lifted higher be lifted higher"

Love you, friend!