Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Little Ranting

Does anyone out there know what it is like to have a child in rebellion? (O.K. I know you're out there, but I wish you were here at the Ponderosa.)

Out of the home? Spouting anger to you that you even adopted him in the first place.

This journey has been very lonely. (O.K. I know my eyes are completely inverted and selfish at this point.)

But, nonetheless, lonely. The ache is so deep. The fight is waning.

So I go to my Father. I cry (scream), Why? I ask (plead) for Him to move now. I cry so hard I can't breathe. My eyes are swollen. My heart is in pieces. My lover holds me. I just want to be alone.

Today, in worship, I am reminded how much my Father loves me. I am reminded He gave His only unique Son to save a wretch like me. (and "Hoss") I was His enemy. He made me His child.
He is the Healer of the Soul. He replaces our sin with His Son's righteousness.

Thank you, Father.

And I cry some more.

5 comments:

BARBIE said...

I do not know this road you are walking. I can only come here and then lift your requests before the Father. I am praying that the eyes of your son would be opened to love of the Father. Praying that your relationship is restored. Praying for peace for all of you. He holds your tears. You move His heart. Praying!

Intentional Living Homestead said...

Praying...praying....praying!!!!

{hugs},
Connie

Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah, I love you and hurt for you. I wish I could ease your pain. I'm thinking of you and praying. Patty

Elizabeth Dianne said...

Dearest friend,
I, too, have never walked this road that you are on but what I do know is--God is sufficient. He promised us that. So I am praying that His sufficiency makes itself known to you.

I love and appreciate the connection that we have in Jesus.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Dianne

Penelope said...

Think of you & Hoss every day & say a quick prayer. We are beginning to wonder if our little adopted Stinkpot might be hard-wired for ODD.