Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Shepherd Speaks

At last He spoke. (to me as well)

"You have learned well, Grace and Glory. Now I will add one thing more. It was these lessons which you have learned which enabled me to change you from limping, cripples Much-Afraid into Grace and Glory with hinds' feet. Now you are able to run, leaping on the mountains and able to follow me wherever I go, so that we need never be parted again.

So remember this; as long as you are willing to be Acceptance-with-Joy and Bearing-In-Love, you can never again become crippled, and you will be able to go wherever I lead you. You will be able to go down into the valley of the world to work with me there, for that is where evil and sorrowful and ugly things are which need to be overcome.

Accept and bear and obey the law of love, and nothing will be able to cripple your hinds' feet or to separate you from me. This is the secret of the High Places, Grace and Glory, it is the lovely and perfect law of the whole universe. It is this that makes the radiant joy of the Heavenly Places."

-excerpt taken from Hinds' Feet in High Places, pgs. 242-243

For some of us, the Valley is in our own home. For others it exists down the street or across the seas. Wherever this place is, remember the Holy Shepherd is there, never leaving us or forsaking us.

Compassion not Cruelty

Love not Hate

No comments: