Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Book Review...To Change My Focus...and Yours

So often, living life is all about us and our needs. In this most recent book review for Booksneeze, I am challenged to remember those far from home, that deal with pain and persecution on a daily basis. I am thankful for Beth Moore and Kim Davis' hearts in wanting all of us, but especially women, to see through the eyes of other believers around the world and the ins and outs of their lives.

We say we are persecuted here in the west, but we really don't have a clue what this means. Not only does this devotional help redirect our focus off of ourselves, but as we all endure trials, it reminds us that there is someone always dealing with harder issues than ourselves. As I read through this book, I also learned much about the lives of other women who live in much harsher and more difficult days. Running water and washing clothes is a very easy task to perform....one I take for granted. As a mother, I am rearing my children in a very safe place. Not so for many of these women. Another thing to bring much thankfulness to my heart.

God is the One making the difference in these lives. The same God I worship. The same Faithful God who cares about the very number of hairs on my head.

I review for BookSneeze®

No comments: