Thursday, December 16, 2010

Job Looks To the Future

As I have read chapters 6 through 19 in the book of Job, I am discouraged. Discouraged by Job's "friends".

Yet, today coming to the inspired verses, I praise God along with Job for the future, eternal goodness of God.

Job 19:23-27
"Oh that my words were written!
Oh that they were inscribed in a book!

Oh that with an iron pen and lead
they were engraved in the rock forever!
For I know that my Redeemer lives,
and at the last he will stand upon the earth.

And after my skin has been thus destroyed,
yet in my flesh I shall see God,
whom I shall see for myself,
and my eyes shall behold, and not another.
My heart faints within me!


For though, Job is feeling very afflicted and has deeply contemplated his situation and God's hand in his life in the previous chapters, now he acknowledges, no matter what God brings His way, God's faithfulness is from everlasting to everlasting.

He has suffered. He has agonized. He has been dealt blows that seems to be ending his life.

BUT....

He comes back to God's faithfulness. He is confident that if God chooses to allow his death, his Redeemer will raise him up.

Do I trust like this? Do I see God's Hand with eyes of faith?

I MUST!

No comments: