Friday, November 26, 2010

My Hero

He is the man I wake up with every morning...but I have the option to go back to sleep for a wee bit longer. He doesn't. The sounds of alarm arouse him before the sun rises.

Ready to work.

Work for his family. Work so I can stay home with my precious children. Work so I can home school.

Today is our 16th Anniversary.

The days slip away. Uninvited events occur. Time gets lost.

But, he remains constant. So many things have happened in the last sixteen years.

Babies are lost. Adoptions are interrupted. Death is awakened. Feelings are hurt. Emotions are raw.

But, he remains constant.

He does this, you see, because he knows the One who upholds him. He is looking to the Wise Leader so he can lead us. He is being herded by the Chief Shepherd, so he can take be the tender guide to his little flock.

"Mr. Cartwright", I love you. You are truly a gift I do not deserve. I am thankful for each day we have together...the hard times and the good. Please know my love is steady and sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY SARAH & DAVID!

You have a wonderful man there Sarah - priceless gem of a man!

He has a priceless gem of a woman too!

Love, Patty

Sandpiper said...

What a sweet post!
Thanks for your comment on my blog.
I noticed that you're reading Treasures of the Snow. That's one of my all time favourite books. Have the kleenex handy!
Blessings!