Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mt. Sinai Vs. Mt. Zion

I have been planted in the book of Hebrews for the past couple of weeks in my devotions. So many amazing truths have been opened to me.


Hebrews 12:18-24, 28
"For you have not come to a mountain that can be touched and to a blazing fire, and to darkness and gloom and whirlwind, and to the blast of a trumpet and the sound of words which sound was such that those who heard begged that no further word be spoken to them.

For they could not bear the command, "IF EVEN A BEAST TOUCHES THE MOUNTAIN, IT WILL BE STONED."


And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, "I AM FULL OF FEAR and trembling."


But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels, to the general assembly and (M)church of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the Judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,

and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks better than the blood of Abel.

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe."

My Savior and High Priest shows such mercy on us. I am so thankful I am part of the New Covenant, adopted by my Heavenly Father. I have no fears of dread; I should live my life in view of Christ's holiness. God's wrath was appeased by Christ Jesus's death on the cross.

Praise be to the Great Shepherd!

1 comment:

Lisa notes... said...

I love Hebrews, especially chapter 12. It’s such a beautiful contrast between the old and the new, and it makes me very grateful for living on this side of the cross. Yes, praise be to the Great Shepherd. Thanks for sharing this.