Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Do My Tears Matter...


...to my Heavenly Father?

Lately, all I can do is cry when I commune with my Master. I feel at a loss for words and full of tears. There have been
many things torn from me in the past year, and I am coming to understand that my Jesus wants me to come to Him and be dependant on Him and nothing else.

So, I am reminded that

~ My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. (Psalm 62:1-2)

~ The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them. (Psalm 145: 18-19)

~ The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run into it and are safe. (Proverbs 18:10)

~ Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation. (Isaiah 12:2)

~ Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. (Matthew 11: 28-31)

~ He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away. (Revelations 21:4)

~ You have kept count of my tossings;put my tears in your bottle.
Are they not in your book? Psalm 56:8

~ Tears may flow in the night, but joy comes in the morning. Psalm 30:5

My Lord does care; He sees each tear that falls; He knows my thoughts, even before I think them; He knows my words without saying them.

I know He will restore my joy.....in time.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh my dear friend. My heart goes out to you. YES, your tears matter to God! As you know from all the verses you listed. It is so hard, though, isn't it? Hard to be patient, to wait, to wait for God to reveal what He has in store for us. We must be faithful, and sometimes, even that seems like too big a struggle to endure. God hears. He knows. Stay strong.

Keeping you in our prayers,
Stacey

Anonymous said...

He will restore your joy as only He can do. Your tears are part of your healing. Go ahead and cry - you're still holding on to His truths that He's given you. Keep reciting those verses my dear precious friend. Anytime you want to meet up again, I'll be there. Praying for you. Love you, Patty

Melissa Runcie | Madabella said...

YES! He hears, he sees and while He keeps no record of wrongs, He keeps record of every tear that falls and wipes them away. God wants us to cling so closely to Him...and it's usually in our despair that we do just that. Thank you for sharing your heart. I am so glad to have stumbled upon your blog today!

One of my favorite passages is Isa 57:15, where God says he dwells with the lowly and contrite heart to REVIVE that heart. His very purpose for our heart of joy is so that He can revive it like no one else can.

Praying this over you today, dear sister in the Lord!

BARBIE said...

Yes, your tears matter. He holds them in the palm of his hand. He sees you and feels your pain. May He comfort you and bring you strength.

jeana said...

Praying for your strength to be renewed, and rest to be given to you and your family.