Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Am I Listening?


Yes, I am listening. There are sounds all around me.

Water running, the clatter of dishes that prove there are busy little hands working diligently.

A little person "reading" a story to herself, using inflection that I have heard somewhere before.

The cough of my "Little Joe" as he slumbers on the couch in a fever induced sleep.

Beautiful tinkling of the wind chime that beckons the rain.

Again, I ask,"Am I listening?"

Listening to the right things; in tune to the Lord and His Spirit that resides within? There will always be busyness of sounds around me, but do I take the time to ponder what my Master wants me to hear?

When I "need" Him, He is there listening and hearing me call on Him.

Lord, help me to hear you, not with my physical ears, but with ears of my heart; my heart that so easily strays from you; my heart that tunes in to things that are idle interests and not life changing.

John 10:27-28 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.




1 comment:

Stacey said...

This has really been on my heart lately... the struggle to stop and listen. To wait for God. It is SO important. Your post is a good reminder.

And yes, I am thankful for all the resources at Revive Our Hearts, too. Your young girls at church are blessed to be having the class you are co-teaching!