Monday, December 14, 2009

Day Fourteen ~ Josiah

II Kings 22 and 23
King Josiah loved God. In the eighteenth year of his reign, Josiah proceeded to cleanse and repair the temple. The high priest found the Book of the Law. When Josiah heard the words of the Book, he tore his clothes and cried out to God for his nation. He made a covenant before the Lord, to follow the Lord and keep his commandments with all his heart and all his soul. Josiah removed all idolatrous alters and reinstated the celebration of the Passover.

Josiah truly knew where his forefathers had gone wrong. He was willing to stand up against his culture and choose obedience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I came over from Holy Experience, gotta say I always loved the account of Josiah. I love that he started to do what was right when he learned what he was to be doing.

I also read a little bit about your "Hoss" tonight. I pray that this time he's away will be beneficial for him, and for the whole family. I pray that there will be a joyous return soon.

Several years ago we opened our home to an 11 year old boy in need. He stayed with us for only nine months. It was a very difficult time and his leaving was very hard also. I still think about him and wonder what he is doing. And I cry for him too, and pray that the LORD will catch him.