Monday, August 31, 2009

Mustard Seed Faith


Today we start our first day of school at The Puebla Ponderosa. We are missing one important thing, though. "Hoss" finds himself in another place, a different school. (See my previous post)


When I woke this morning, there was a heaviness in my heart at the thought of having school without him. The Lord had other plans for my thoughts. In my quiet time, I read Matthew 17:20. "He said to them, 'Because of the littleness of your faith [that is, your lack of firmly relying trust]. For truly I say to you, if you have faith [that is living] like a grain of mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, Move from here to yonder place, and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.'" Matthew 17:20 (AMP)


Then I thought back to a charm bracelet, belonging to my late Gran, that was passed on to me. It contains a charm of a real mustard seed incased in a see through locket. On the back, Mt. 17:20 is engraved. I proceeded to take it off the bracelet and put it on a necklace, which I will wear as a reminder to pray for my son, trusting God is able and can do above all I ask or think. THEN, I pull up a devotional email and ,yes, right in front of my eyes, there I found this.


This is just a reminder that my God knows what encouragement I need for each day. Providentially, He knew I needed a (or it seems, many) reminder that I can have faith in Him to do what seems impossible.

1 comment:

Doug and Terrye said...

Thank you for your faithful walk, and your willingness to share! You are a source of encouragement as I see the Lord working in your life, and in your family's life.