Thursday, July 23, 2009

Dirty Rocks on a Clean Towel



As I was preparing dinner one night this week, I noticed two very ugly, dirty rocks sitting on my clean dish towel next to my clean dishes. Quickly and quietly I moved to take care of eliminating these chunks of cement. Dare anyone see me?? Then I stopped and realized the profound thought in why they were sitting there on my towel. My beautiful almost 4 year old had washed these and put them to dry. She thought they were the most beautiful things in the world. It struck me that this is a great picture of the importance of viewing life in a positive light. Can I find the beauty in the ashes??? Sometimes it takes digging until my hands are calloused and bruised, but Lord help me to endure.

1 comment:

Doug and Terrye said...

Oh to see the treasures through child-like eyes!