My mind is usually cluttered with so many things each day that I fight keeping my thoughts on things above, being eternally focused. I desire to do this, yet it is a struggle I continue with. I think this is probably true for all of you.
Here are somethings that I have been trying to fix my mind on each day:
1. God is sovereign over all the affairs of men. (My problem is most of the time, I want more control)
2. He has designed those things in my life that wear me down to build me up spiritually to be more like Him. (This is a very uncomfortable thing)
3. He has not given me more than I can handle! (It only feels that way when I do it in my own strength)
4. Remember to look around and be thankful for the many blessings He has bestowed on us. (Sometimes the blessings are hidden by the thorns)
5. J.C.Ryle reminds me, "True love will always cause true obedience."
6. Romans 5:3-5 "And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulations bring about perseverance, and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given us."
May this encourage you this day to cling to the Saviour despite what your mind is telling you and your feelings are relaying to you.
He is our all in all!