Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Nehemiah 9

May Your glorious name be praised! You alone are God!

YOU made...
YOU preserve...
YOU made a covenant...
YOU promised...
YOU saw...
YOU heard...
YOU displayed...
YOU knew...

YOU HAVE A GLORIOUS REPUTATION THAT HAS NEVER BEEN FORGOTTEN!

YOU divided...
YOU hurled...
YOU led...
YOU came...
YOU gave...
YOU instructed...
YOU commanded...

BUT our ancestors were proud... THEY refused... THEY paid no attention. THEY became stubborn...

BUT YOU are a God of forgiveness...in your great mercy YOU did not abandon them to die in the wilderness...YOU sent Your good Spirit to instruct them...

THEN YOU helped...
YOU placed...
YOU made...
YOU subdued...

BUT despite all of this, they were disobedient and rebelled against YOU. THEY turned....THEY committed...

SO, YOU handed them over..

BUT, THEY cried... and YOU heard...In YOUR great mercy, YOU rescued...YOU listened...

YOU warned them...

BUT THEY became proud...THEY disobeyed...THEY stubbornly turned..

BUT YOU sent Your Spirit who warned them through prophets...In Your great mercy, YOU did not completely destroy of abandon them...

What a gracious and merciful God you are!

As I read through this chapter I saw me. The span of my lifetime thus far. I am where I am and who I am only by the amazing grace of God and His mercy on my life.



 

No comments: