Thursday, June 27, 2013

Philippians 2:3,4 Put to Action


I know I have children just like yours. I know this because you are just like me.


"I don't like that." 

"I don't want this."

Yup! You know what I'm talking about. 


So today this is what we are working on. I am convinced we must make the needs of the world tangible to our children. We must not just preach about how much stuff they have and how grateful they need to be. They need to see with their eyes and hear with their ears how little others have. 


And my heart needs to see and hear it too. I tend to not only complain, but to also fret and worry about unknown things or what the future holds. 
NOTICE: I did not say "worry about my next meal."

So look around today and see how you can invest in a very small way in other people's lives in other parts of the world. It may not seem like a lot, but every person counts.

Then when you are in a place of worry about your life, remember the same promise God gives to the starving child, He gives to you.

Matthew 6:25 and 26 “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 

No comments: