Thursday, October 11, 2012

Never, Ever Alone

I don't know about you, but I flit and fly through so many of my days forgetting the Presence that is ever with me. I make decisions based on me. My mouth certainly speaks out of a heart that forgets this Presence too often.

He is not just a thought. He is not just faith. He is a person. His presence is always with me. I think that I control the outcome my decisions so much more than I really do.

What's even more amazing is He desires to be with me. Yucky old me. Me who dismisses Him too often. So this brings me to my knees in faith thanking Him for remaining faithful. God knew from the beginning of time with the first covenant made with Abraham that we will not follow through.

In the days of the Old Testament, when someone made a covenant with another person, they slaughtered an animal, cut it in half, then walked together in between the pieces to signify the vow. When God made His covenant with Abram, he put Abram into a deep sleep and walked between the pieces of animal alone. It was as if God was saying, "I am the only One able to keep this promise. I know you will fail, sin and be faithless, but I am faithful."

So my prayer today and forever is to be ever aware of Jesus' presence in my life, day, and  circumstances. That I would strive to live in light of this presence in my decisions, thoughts, words and deeds.

This is my prayer for you too, friend.


2 comments:

Intentional Living Homestead said...

THANK YOU for this post. I N.E.E.D. it this day and every day. Thank you for the reminder.

Have a wonderful day,
Connie

Intentional Living Homestead said...

Hi Adoption Mama....I checked my blog and realized I didn't have the default set. It was a closed blog. So I changed it. Let me know if that works or not.

How are you doing?