Friday, September 14, 2012

Feeling Sorry for Myself

Doesn't it feel good most times? To feel sorry for ourselves? But what does it accomplish?

Whenever the Lord has us in a place of trial, despair or confusion, our first response is to look inward. To ask why. To question the goodness of God.

I find so many times when my thoughts are inward that I can't even see past my own nose. I can't feel anything but self-pity.

God's Word reminds us that the cure for this disease is to give thanks and than to start serving others. 

I Thessalonians 5:18 Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Today, I woke up feeling blue and wanting "my life back". God reminded me I need to get my eyes off of myself and look around to those hurting. Dare I say? Even more than me. "Whose life?", He reminds me. I have surrendered my life and beg for this boy of mine to do the same. But when I question and refuse to act in trust and faith, I am not acknowledging the truth I know.

I gather my thoughts and run them through the grid of God's Word, for this is Truth.

That God is working all things together for my good and His glory.

1 comment:

BARBIE said...

I'm praying for you my friend. Lean into Him. He will give you strength.