Friday, July 6, 2012

Our Battle

Warfare. This word conjures up many different things in my mind. But today, I am meditating on Ephesians 6:12.


"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood; but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places."


I don't know about you, but many of the conflicts in my life with things and people, I can react so emotionally. I can easily take a situation and tie the burden on my back and take it all very personally. And at times, this is necessary to do. But some times I need to take a step back and realize that as a believer, the struggles, trials, conflicts and seemingly impossible things are backed by the prince of the power of the air. 


I guess I must, at this point, remind you that I do believe people are responsible for their actions and my Jesus is so much more powerful than these spiritual forces, But when some one sins against me, it helps to readjust my thinking to embrace the fact that the devil wants to destroy families, spiritual relationships and anything that has the imprint of the Master of the Universe. 


For example, if my husband and I are having an intense conflict and trying to resolve it, it is in my best interest to remember that satan wants us to fail. He wants us to grow apart. He wants us to NOT work things out. Because then, you see, the glory of God in our testimony is ruined. The world sees nothing different than what is all around us; the focus is taken off the Jesus in our lives and put on our own needs.


No matter what you are facing, remember with God all things are possible. He wants the glory. Satan wants to derail us and send us in the wrong direction.


So fight on, friends, with the Holy Spirit reminding you each step of the way that God's glory is at stake.

1 comment:

BARBIE said...

Powerful reminder!