Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thoughts...They Get so Muddled at Times

Our minds are amazing little creatures. So powerful. So controlling. So creative. God has made them to actually recreate paths and neurotransmitters.


They can be used to so much good and so much evil. And I am convinced this is one of the ways Satan attacks us and tries to get  us down.


Today's verse I have been meditating on all day.


Isaiah 55:8-9
"For My thoughts are not your thoughts; neither your ways My ways declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts."


Our mind must be in line with the mind of Christ. He must be our forethought otherwise, we automatically start going down the slippery slope of twisted thinking. 


So, I encourage you friends, before your feet hit the floor, pray for the mind of Christ to infiltrate your thinking. And of course, this means we must be in the Word and communion with Him. For He is our strength. He is the only Way. He is.


Speak to your soul. Tell self:


"Why are you downcast, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God for I shall again praise Him, my Salvation and my God." Psalm 43:5

2 comments:

Intentional Living Homestead said...

What a beautiful post...I love that verse in Isaiah.

Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Great advice Sarah. Starting out the day with praise greatly affects our thoughts.