Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Quietly Resting

These two words are few and far between in my vocabulary and yet, much often needed. Especially when it comes to savoring time with my Savior.


Too many times I come to Him full of questions needing answers; a to-do list for Him; definitely thinking I know what my day holds and how I'll make it through.


Psalm 46:10a reminds me, "Be still and know that I am God."


Stillness is something I have to work hard at.


And then there are the distractions. Computer, Telephone, children, thoughts of my day, pondering memories. And the much dreaded Facebook. All these things are good and yet, can hold me captive from QUIETLY RESTING.


Choose.


This is the key. I must choose to make this a priority. I must not delay. I must discipline myself.
For I know when I am QUIETLY RESTING I have chosen the one good thing. I am missing out on the others. But they really don't matter or compare.


My Savior asks this of me. He desires nothing else but to see me on my knees trusting Him and being still.


For when I am quiet I can hear.


He has the words that are life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this post Sarah. Reminds me of the song by Christy Nockels called Choose. I often need to remind myself of the same.