Friday, March 9, 2012

I am Dead. (Or Need to be.)

"For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died; and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf." II Corinthians 5:14,15


Selfishness. Pride. Control. Self-righteousness.


Paul nails these sins. As I read these verses this morning, deep conviction came. 


Does the love of Christ control me? Sigh....not often enough.
Do I live for myself? Sigh....way too often.
Do I get this whole thing of emptying myself and living and loving for Him? Sigh....such a battle.


If I really understand the Gospel and what Christ has done on my behalf, namely, dying my death and living the righteous life I could never live, my life would look different. I would give a whole lot more of myself; even die to self.


I desperately want this. Holy Spirit, empower me to do this. Grant me repentance on a daily basis to give up.

No comments: