Monday, October 17, 2011

Attention Issues?????

My littlest treasure is in kindergarten this year so we are doing more formal school than last. Lately it has sounded something like this:

Mommy: Let's sound out this word. (I point to each letter as we blend)
Inger: r...a...rat
I HAVE A RAT MOMMY. LET ME GO GET IT!
Not right now.

Mommy: Next word. Look here at this word I am pointing to.
Inger: s..o...sock
CAN I GO GET A PAIR OF SOCKS? MY FEET ARE COLD.
Not right now.

Mommy: Come on. Let's look at the next word.
Inger: r..o..rock
I SAW A ROCK YESTERDAY AT CHURCH. YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN IT MOMMY!

Mommy: Please concentrate, little one. (Not I'm tapping my finger to the first letter of the next word.)
Inger: up
Mommy: Great job. You didn't even have to sound it out.
At this point she hops up on the chair and jumps up and down. MY BALLOON GOES UP, MOMMY!

I am exhausted. Really, this was word for word my teaching experience today and most days. Believe it or not, we do very little book work. My Father's World is a great curriculum!

Patience. That is what I am developing.

But I am definitely going to buy this soon.

2 comments:

Christy P said...

Exactly like Elijah! I always say that someday I'm going to make a video of our reading time to show him when he gets older. Never a dull moment!

Intentional Living Homestead said...

You are one patient mama...you children are learning alot being homeschooled.

Hugs,
Connie