Monday, July 25, 2011

Wings like Eagles

As I continue my journey in the study of the book of Exodus one phrase leaped out at me.

Chapter 19:3-6
Then Moses went up to God, and the LORD called to him from the mountain and said, “This is what you are to say to the descendants of Jacob and what you are to tell the people of Israel: ‘You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself. Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine, you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words you are to speak to the Israelites.”

God, the Creator and Sustainer of life, carries His children on eagles' wings!

The way our Lord has made eagles' wings is an amazing picture of aerodynamics. Because of the size and structure of its wings, the ability to soar is remarkable.

This is Effortless flight.

And this is what our Great God promises us in Isaiah 40:31.
Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.

I cannot fly with out Him giving me strength. I cannot mount up with wings without Him giving me the ability. I will run and get tired and I will walk and become weary when I do it on my own. He must grant me these wings. He will see me through the turbulence of the storms and clouds of life. I can soar with ease when He is near.

So, Lord, I draw near. I ask you for these wings. I ask you for this strength.

No comments: