Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Natural Hair Repair

A couple of months ago, I put twists in my daughter's hair. They were so easy to upkeep and maintain. But as I went to remove them yesterday, we had a loud screaming session.

I could not, I repeat, COULD NOT get the knots out.

For those of you blogging friends who have adopted children that are African American, I have stumbled across a natural remedy that is incredible.

1 Tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar to 1 cup of water.

This is an amazing remedy for those tearful hair combing sessions.

Thanks to this blog along with this information I have found something easy to use.

So as we finished up my littlest hair today, I held her and we both cried. Cheezy. I know, but when you have to go through feeling like you are killing your child for hours...this is no exaggeration...this is such a gift.

I plan on using it myself.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Thanks for sharing stuff like this. I need all of the information I can get for Pie!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! My little guy is a boy so I'm just keeping his hair short, but I am enjoying looking around your blog! We have a lot in common.