Monday, July 18, 2011

More Lessons from Pharaoh and his Cronies...and God Almighty

The Israelites have left Egypt and as they started their journey into the wilderness, God showered them with traveling mercies.

Ex.13:17-18 When Pharaoh let the people go, God did not lead them by way of the land of the Philistines, although that was near. For God said, "Lest the people change their minds when they see war and return to Egypt." But God led the people around by the way of the wilderness toward the Red Sea. And the people of Israel went up out of the land of Egypt equipped for battle.

Already, God acknowledges the fear in man and how quickly we forget how to trust.

The Hebrew children probably thought they would never have to deal with Pharaoh again, but God had other plans...for His glory.

Ex. 14:4 And I will harden Pharaoh’s heart, and he will pursue them, and I will get glory over Pharaoh and all his host, and the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD."

Ex. 14:8 And the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh king of Egypt, and he pursued the people of Israel while the people of Israel were going out defiantly.

The children of Israel revert back to their pre-wilderness life and begin to fear.

As I came in my studies to verse 13 and 14, I bow low and acknowledge my El Shaddai as well. He brings the turbulent times purposefully, to bring Himself glory.

Ex. 14:13-18 And Moses said to the people,"Fear not, stand firm, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will work for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall never see again. The LORD will fight for you, and you have only to be silent."
The LORD said to Moses, "Why do you cry to me? Tell the people of Israel to go forward. Lift up your staff, and stretch out your hand over the sea and divide it, that the people of Israel may go through the sea on dry ground. And I will harden the hearts of the Egyptians so that they shall go in after them, and I will get glory over Pharaoh and all his host, his chariots, and his horsemen. And the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I have gotten glory over Pharaoh, his chariots, and his horsemen."
When I look around me to my circumstances and start getting fearful, anxious and worrisome, must remind myself of God's goodness, for this never changes. He has a plan that is so much bigger than my own.

So again, I must trust.

No comments: