Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Believe!

As I am faced this week with my daily cross, I am reading through the book of Mark. As I approach the eleventh chapter, I again am reminded by my Lord to believe.

As they passed by in the morning, they saw the fig tree withered away to its roots. And Peter remembered and said to him, "Rabbi, look! The fig tree that you cursed has withered." And Jesus answered them, "Have faith in God. Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be taken up and thrown into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses."

Believe! This word seems so easy, so small, just rolling off of my tongue.

But it is the hardest thing to do in the midst of a trial. Last week a dear friend suffered a massive heart attack. He is still unresponsive. Yet, we can believe God to do the impossible. We MUST believe God. We must believe Him to perform his will, but we must pray in light of what our desires our as well; as long as our desires line up with His Word.

So, Lord, we come today and ask you to heal our brother, Tim Borland. Bring physical healing to his body. Open his eyes and wake him. Reduce the swelling in his brain. Make his body whole. Restore Him Lord. And as I lift our brother up to you, I also think of my precious boy-man. Open his eyes spiritually and renew his heart. Give him a willing mind. Heal his hurts. Restore our relationship. Bring him to his knees at your feet.

1 comment:

BARBIE said...

Oh dear, I am praying for your friend. How is he doing? And praying that you continue to have faith to believe for your miracle!