Thursday, May 5, 2011

His Comfort

Genesis 24:67 Isaac brought her into the tent of his mother Sarah, and he married Rebekah. So she became his wife, and he loved her; and Isaac was comforted after his mother’s death.

I was struck reading this yesterday...and a little ashamed,too.

Do we wives really understand our beloveds?
I can tend to get so into myself and needs that I forget he even has feelings.
So many times he is so strong that I don't see the need to comfort him.
Yet, when those times of need come, I am and should be his first source of human comfort.

As we have gone this journey of the prodigal, my lover has hurt deep. Really deep.

This takes selflessness to come out of my pain and ask God to help me be his healer.

I am blessed with a man who cherishes and loves me. I am blessed to be his beloved.

Help me, Lord, to love him and hold him close, especially those times he needs physical comfort.

2 comments:

Joy said...

I have often thought of the Prodigal son when I pray for your Hoss. I found it interesting you mentioned that today.

We had to let a child go that we were planning to adopt a few years ago. It hurt. It was hard. It was not until recently that I realized how much my husband hurt after we lost her. I have felt really bad about it over the past few months. I missed such an awesome opportunity to be there for him.

Intentional Living Homestead said...

Loved this post. Thank you for such a wonderful reminder...something that I need to pray about daily...so that my dh always has his needs met as well.