Wednesday, December 1, 2010

More Remembering...

Christmas brings all sorts of memories here at the Ponderosa. My heart holds many that cannot be put into words. But this memory I can taste. Here is another recipe my Mom made each year. This may be one I try myself this year.




Almond Crescents

Ingredients:
•2 sticks unsalted butter
•2/3 cup sifted powdered sugar, plus more for rolling
•1 teaspoon vanilla extract
•1/2 teaspoon almond extract
•1 cup coarsely chopped almonds
•2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350° and line baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat baking sheet.
Cream together butter and 2/3 cup of sugar until fluffy. Beat in extracts, then add almonds. Stir in flour and beat til well mixed.

Divide dough in half and roll each half into log 1 inch thick in diameter. Cut each log into 3/4 inch pieces, and roll each piece into cylinder 2 in. long. Place 1 to 2 inches apart on baking sheets and form into crescents.

Bake 15-20 minutes or til lightly browned. Let cool then roll in sifted powdered sugar.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Dianne said...

These look good--are similar to some pecan sandies I used to make--I am planning on making them this year--maybe I will try this instead--thanks for all your rememberings!

Love,
Dianne