Monday, October 4, 2010

I Can Do It!

"Mommy, come look and see.....I can do it."

These words came through our back window, sailing through the air from the swing set.

Minutes before, unbeknown to "Inger", I had heard another conversation....

"I don't need to push you. You already know how to pump. You can get yourself going because you are five now. Jump on the swing, lean back and kick your legs out. Lean further back. Reach forward with your feet. You can do it...keep going. Push. Pump. Lean back."

Then....

"Go, 'Inger'; go 'Inger'; go 'Inger'!!! You're doing it."

She did it. Daddy's encouragement helped her soar. She flew high.

Encouragement. I hear my Heavenly Father give me that same word. "You can do it....with my help. You have the Word which I have given you."

Philippians 4:11-13 "Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me."

1 comment:

BARBIE said...

Oh yes! Thank you for this simple truth today. God is our biggest chearleader!